Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Busy Summer




Man, I have a lot of catching up to do. If my life wasn't so hectic through the summer and I wasn't dealing with being large and pregnant I would say that I am just lazy. I apologize for my forgetfulness and hope that people are still looking at our blog every once in awhile.


My last post was about Eli's IEP, in May. Well, instead of putting him in school we put him in a summer camp. It was the Autism Foundation of Tennessee's summer camp. We were very excited and besides him coming home with a few mannerisms from other children with Autism, it seemed to work out great. Our gas bill went way up since I had to drive him there and pick him up. It took about 1 hr. and 20-30 minutes out of our day to drive him there and back. They met in a little presbyterian church and his teacher was Christine, who is a behavioral therapist. Also at the camp was his teacher, Ms. Carrie from his school. Of course seeing the same people every day I got a lot of, "When are you due again?" "You haven't had him yet?" "I thought you would have popped by now." I guess I looked pretty bad. Also with this pregnancy I swelled up really bad. Good thing Eli doesn't get embarrassed yet. Eli regressed with his eating while at this camp and we are still working to get him to feed himself again. They made the mistake of feeding him once and now he has to be prompted or fed for him to even try his food. Very frustrating! We are also trying the Reliv vitamins and hope that will help. Haven't seen much yet but we will keep trying. He counts to 10, says his abc's and recognizes his abc's. He also signs and says, "More," "Help," "drink," and "food." His communication is coming. He also recognizes his shapes. He is smart and are excited to see the progress he makes during the school year again at Shayne Elementary with his awesome teacher, Ms. Carrie Lunsford. Yeah, Eli!

2 comments:

Timber said...

Awesome! yay for eli!

Emily said...

I was happy to see some updates. I do check your blog :) I'm so glad that Eli is making some progress. He's lucky to have parents who love him so much and are willing to work so hard for him. Caleb looks SO CUTE! I can't wait to hear more about him.
Love you guys!